Re: cpu temperature readings

On Thu 29 Jun 2023 at 16:50:27 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> And then for fun, at 3401 ... this one I needed to run the test several
> times until the kernel picked one of the fastest processors to run it on

When I was muddling with estd to dynamically slow down my cpus when not
in use, I was told that the xx01 frequency on modern (Intel) processors
will do that, even though in many sources that setting is still called
"turbo boost" or similar. The other frequencies would actually be fixed.
In your cpu this may be the case too, which would give confusing results
if you're not aware of the possibility.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose