Re: ssh client_loop send disconnnect from Dom0 -> DomU (NetBSD 10.0_BETA/Xen)

Hi,

On 26.06.23 15:37, RVP wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2023, Matthias Petermann wrote:

Could it still be an ARP related issue? I did a simplified version of the test this morning:

Try this test: since you have static IP- & MAC-addresses everywhere in
your setup, just add them as static ARP entries (skip own address):

On each of your DomUs and the Dom0:

arp -d -a            # delete ARP-cache
arp -s IP-addr1 MAC-addr1
arp -s IP-addr2 MAC-addr2

etc.

On the Dom0, add the addrs. of the DomUs. On each of the DomUs, the addrs.
of Dom0 and _other_ DomUs.

Do your tests.

-RVP

While I do not want to praise the evening before the day....you deserve some feedback. Both the synthetic test with ssh/dd and my real payload with ssh/dump have been running for easily 6 hours without interruption this morning. I took the advice and first made static entries in the ARP table for each other for the two partners directly involved (Dom0 and the DomU concerned). I will continue to monitor this but it looks much better now than the days before.

In case this proves as a reproduceable solution, my next question would be how this could be persisted (apart from hard-coding the arp -d -a / -s calls into rc.local etc.). The former proposal you sent me (net.inet.icmp.bmcastecho=1 and ping -nc10) did not create ARP-adresses with no expiration time on my NetBSD 10.0_BETA system. You mentioned this might be a feature of -HEAD - not sure about 10...

I also wanted to mention - and I don't know how this contributes - that mDNSd is enabled on all involved hosts. I had originally planned this so that the hosts can also find each other via the .local suffix if the local domain .lan cannot be resolved - for example if the DNS server is down.

Kind regards
Matthias