Re: i915 observations

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022, Mayuresh wrote:

The only time when above problem doesn't trigger is, if I do 'xrandr
--same-as' to have hdmi a mirror of eDP.

I like to use a vertical hdmi monitor, so above option isn't suitable for
my usage.

In fact, with hdmi completely out of the picture, if I do 'xrandr
--rotate' on eDP screen, just to see what happens, the slow refresh occurs
on eDP also.

xrandr rotation on my laptop display worked fine on Linux. (On NetBSD,
I have to use wsfb--the other drivers are either unusable or hang the
system.)

Does it mean the acceleration works only in certain mode(s)?

That used to be the case a long time ago if I recall this correctly. Even on a single display, rotation implied no accel. But, all this should've been
fixed now. Try it on Linux. Install the xf86-video-intel package if needed,
then copy the xorg.conf file over from NetBSD.

-RVP