Re: i915 observations

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 10:37:37PM +0000, RVP wrote:
> Welcome to the club... You'll find the rest of the gang here already:
> https://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2022/07/21/msg042710.html
> Please post to that thread:

Merging the thread here.

> Uncomment the `Option "AccelMethod" "none"' in the config. fragment I
> sent you. Then see if modesetting(4) comes up. For the intel(4) driver,
> try `Option "AccelMethod" "UXA"', or even `"none"' as a last resort. The
> intelfb(4) manpage lists other options which you can turn off or disable
> with the SNA or UXA accel-methods.

modesetting - none and intel - none combinations start the display with a
very poor refresh rate. They appear garbled and settle down slowly.

intel - UXA is kind of working now. Finally some X11 on the device!

I'll test some video playing etc. and report back.

Thanks for your help!

--
Mayuresh