Re: ssh, HPN extension and TCP auto-tuning

clays.shell%sdf.org@localhost (Clay Daniels) writes:

>On 8/29/22 12:32 AM, Michael van Elst wrote
>> It should work, but how does it perform?
>Are there any specific tests I can perform? I have working NetBSD install.

Any effects should be mostly visible by copying large-enough files with scp,
something that takes 20-30 seconds is good enough.
You would need to compare ssh before and after the patch, with and without
HPN, for upload and download.

The client always allows HPN, you can use 'ssh -oHPNDisabled=yes' or
'scp -oHPNDisabled=yes' to test without HPN even when the server allows it.