re: Trendnet TEW-648UBM detected as ugen not urtwn

Brook Milligan writes:
> I am trying to use a Trendnet TEW-648UBM usb wifi dongle, which is
> supposed to be recognized by the urtwn driver.  However, it is
> recognized as a ugen device, instead.
>
> [   2.9586490] ugen0 at uhub1 port 1
> [   2.9586490] ugen0: Realtek (0x20f4) 802.11n WLAN Adapter (0x648c),
> rev 2.00/2.00, addr 3
>
> I am not sure how to extract relevant information from the device.  For
> example, what usb tools should be used to figure out why this is not
> recognized by urtwn?

i guess see urtwn_devs[] in if_urtwn.c.  it has no entry
for this ID (0x648c) (or does usbdevs at all.)

ie, add to usbdevs, make -f Makefile.usbdevs; add the new
id string to if_urtwn.c.  test.  commit the usbdevs file,
regen usbdevs*.h again (with the updated rcsids), and then
commit the changes to usbdevs*.h and if_urtwn.c.

hopefully it's actually still a urtwn(4).  :-)

.mrg.