Re: Filesystem corruption in current 9.99.92 (posix1eacl & log enabled FFSv2)

Hello,

On 27.12.21 06:20, Matthias Petermann wrote:
I did not try to move the file around as you recommended because I would like to ask if there is anything I can do at this point to gather more diagnostic data to help understand the root cause?

in the meantime I migrated all files to a freshly created filesystem using the patched kernel and so "solved" the problem for now.

The broken filesystem still exists, but I am now running out of space on the host (the filesystems are in sparse allocated VNDs). I would have to delete the broken filesystem in a timely manner, but would still like to run diagnostic steps on the root cause first, if any. Unfortunately, the filesystem is very large and remote, and I don't know how to reasonably isolate the affected portion to save space for further analysis. Are there any other reasonable steps I could do asap?

One more question I would have about the patch. It helped very well to avoid the freeze when working in such a corrupted filesystem. In this case, the filesystem behaves as you described - no ACL is applied or issued on the affected directory. When I try to set a new ACL on the affected directory, it seems to have no effect, but no error message appears. Would it make sense to include the patch with appropriate error logging in the official sources, so that when the problem occurs for which we do not know the cause at the moment, we will at least get some output (instead of the current behavior - the infinite loop)?

Kind regards
Matthias