Re: Filesystem corruption in current 9.99.92 (posix1eacl & log enabled FFSv2)

Hello Chuck,

On 24.12.21 01:10, Matthias Petermann wrote:
thanks for the good explanation which helped me a lot, and the tip how to break the infinite loop. I will definitely try that. In the meantime I have mounted the filesystem without the posix1eacls option. In this mode the "find /export" command runs cleanly. So your tip regarding the ACLs / extended attributes seems completely right. Currently I transfer the data from there to another filesystem to compare it from there against the most recent backup. Unfortunately this also means that I don't know at the moment if I will get back the state I had before after a new mount with the posix1eacls option. I hope so though, because I would like to find out more about this.

I'll get back to you as soon as I'm ready.
I finally managed to get the testing done here and I can confirm that with your patch, the infinite loop does not occur when I access the affected directory.

So to summarize this up:

a) with unpatched kernel

```
# cd /export/project/A

--> infinite loop
```

b) with your patch

```
# cd /export/project/A

--> ok
```

I did not try to move the file around as you recommended because I would like to ask if there is anything I can do at this point to gather more diagnostic data to help understand the root cause?

What I tried already is to list the extended attributes for the "affected" directory and another "unaffected" directory located side by side:

# lsextattr system /expotr/project/A

A/
# lsextattr system /export/project/B

B/        posix1e.acl_access      posix1e.acl_default     security.NTACL

I guess this proves your theory the extended attributes block got corrupted somehow...

Kind regard
Matthias