Re: Serious crashes on 9.99.93

Dear pin,

On 2021-12-27, pin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've upgraded my amd64 machine to NetBSD-9.99.93 yesterday and I'm experience serious crashes which were not happening on 9.99.92.
> dmesg, https://pastebin.com/8WJeUJDj
> Xorg-log, https://pastebin.com/xTAmUZPU
>
> The backtraces from the coredumps aren't really useful, https://pastebin.com/eaXYEC0Z
>
> I've managed to reproduce the crashes by launching lariza or badwolf web browsers.
> The system runs without issues if I don't use a web browser.
> Also, I've noticed the following while booting after a crash
>
> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "solocked2(so, so2)" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_usrreq.c", line 525
>
> Finally, unsure if related, console resolution doesn't scale after loading i915drmkms0, it used to in 9.99.92.
> Although, resolution after startx is correct.
>
> I've hosted the core-dumps in case,
> netbsd.2.core.gz, https://ufile.io/d00lfx4f
> netbsd.2.gz, https://ufile.io/4yvklq5w
>
> Thank you for any hints.
> Best,
> pin
>
> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Somehow I managed to get a backtrace (it seems to be correct):

  Crash version 9.99.82, image version 9.99.93.
  WARNING: versions differ, you may not be able to examine this image.
  crash: _kvm_kvatop(0)
  Kernel compiled without options LOCKDEBUG.
  System panicked: kernel diagnostic assertion "solocked2(so, so2)" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_usrreq.c", line 525
  Backtrace from time of crash is available.
  crash> bt
  _KERNEL_OPT_GENFB_GLYPHCACHE() at 0
  _KERNEL_OPT_GENFB_GLYPHCACHE() at 0
  sys_reboot() at sys_reboot
  vpanic() at vpanic+0x160
  __x86_indirect_thunk_rax() at __x86_indirect_thunk_rax
  unp_send() at unp_send+0xa15
  sosend() at sosend+0x845
  soo_write() at soo_write+0x2f
  do_filewritev.part.0() at do_filewritev.part.0+0x25d
  syscall() at syscall+0x196
  --- syscall (number 121) ---
  syscall+0x196:
  crash>

the last change I could find which might be relevant was in sys/kern/sys_generic.c 1.133, but that
was before 9.99.93, so I am not sure where to look.

--
Kind regards,

Yorick Hardy