Re: IDENTIFY failed

Jun, Patrick, thank you for dmesg (and discussion offlist).

For Jun, the problem is no longer reproducible even with the original
copy of kernel, which failed before.

So, I've just added AHCI_QUIRK_EXTRA_DELAY quirk for Patrick's machine:

https://gist.github.com/rokuyama/7535594fc42a7867e3890702aee34c5c

With this patch, AHCISATA_EXTRA_DELAY option is no longer required for
this machine.

Also, I've added AHCISATA_EXTRA_DELAY_MS option. You can specify how
many extra msec's the driver should sleep with AHCISATA_EXTRA_DELAY
quirk or AHCISATA_EXTRA_DELAY option. The default is still 500ms, but
you can adjust delays like:

options AHCISATA_EXTRA_DELAY_MS=100

I will commit the patch if there's no objection.

Thanks,
rin