Re: Help with libcurses and lynx under NetBSD-9 and -current?

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 02:44:21PM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:

> > Not always.  You are right it is ttys that is doing it.  The bug was
> > that cursor down with onlcr on always moved the cursor to the first
> > column of the next line.
>
> Right, right, and my question is: why do we have onlcr on for curses
> output?

That is a good question, onlcr is explicitly set/unset in a few places
so it appears to be deliberate.

> > Window(1) doesn't use ^J for cursor down so the output was
> > stair-stepping.
>
> Do you mean curses code was running with onlcr and was compensating
> for its own bug?

It would appear so and has been doing this since before NetbSD which is
not a justification, just an observation.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",