Re: GCC 10 available for testing etc. in -current.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 04:41:32AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> lloyd%must-have-coffee.gen.nz@localhost (Lloyd Parkes) writes:
>
> >On 17/04/21 6:30 pm, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> >> I am using the Mercurial repository at https://anonhg.NetBSD.org/src
> >> for fetching the source code because it's nice and quick
>
> >I've been running CVS for more than two hours now, and it has terminated
> >with a broken connection 10 (make that 11) times so far.
>

> The funny thing is that it works the opposite way for me. CVS checkout
> works without problems and Mercurial checkouts almost always time out
> or aren't succesful.
>
> Should tell you that the software is only a small part of the problem.

Same for me; I've never had trouble with CVS trees and they always just work
and update fine.

Hg on the otherhand.... I had to delete and recheckout my hg tree *again*; i
had interrupted hg during a merge and oh boy; it was completely shot and
thought i had tons of local changes that all conflicted; a whopping 500+ files
or so, thus resorting to just nuking it and rechecking it out. This never
happened to my CVS tree.

So, no, hg is not mature enough yet to switch over to and don't get me started
on git!

Reinoud