Re: GCC 10 available for testing etc. in -current.

On 17/04/21 6:30 pm, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
I am using the Mercurial repository at https://anonhg.NetBSD.org/src for fetching the source code because it's nice and quick

So I'm now downloading the source code through CVS instead of Mercurial because nobody else seems to be having the same problems that I'm having building with GCC 10.

I've been running CVS for more than two hours now, and it has terminated with a broken connection 10 (make that 11) times so far. I'm rerunning with "cvs update", so I am making progress. Even so, CVS has only just got to paths starting with the letter "d".

As someone who has used CVS for almost 30 years now, I'm happy to say that CVS just needs to be retired. Have a flag day, check that the content in the HEADs all match up and then make CVS read-only. I know many of us are old and grumpy, but that model T isn't our every day drive any more.

Cheers,
Lloyd

p.s. The code in Mercurial seems to match what I can browse on the FTP site, so I really am at a loss as to why I can't build, so I am checking everything.