Re: How to determine if graphics is supported by radeondrm?

On Sun 21 Mar 2021 at 10:46:17 +1300, Lloyd Parkes wrote:

> On 20/03/21 3:41 pm, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> > I also tried my Intel based laptop, but I only had an MBR image and HP
> > seemed to have removed the old BIOS boot option in their newer firmware
> > so I couldn't even boot the image.
>
> I just tried the 9.1 image on my ASUS UX550V laptop and it did load a proper
> GLX renderer for the Intel GPU. I hadn't tried that laptop initially because
> it also has an nVidia GPU in it, but then I realised that NetBSD will
> probably ignore the nVidia GPU and it did.

Ah yes. I looked up that model and it seems to have a "Intel Core
i7-7700HQ" CPU in it, which (because of the 7xxx number) is apparenly of
the 7th generation, which is apparently the latest that NetBSD has
support for.

> None of the trackpads on my laptops worked with the NetBSD image I was using
> and I did not look into why.

Weird..

> Lloyd
Thanks,
-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl