Re: Best practice for setting up disks for ZFS on NetBSD

>> On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 00:30:17 +0000
>> abs%absd.org@localhost (David Brownlee) said:
>
> What would be the best practice for setting up disks to use under ZFS
> on NetBSD, with particular reference to handling renumbered devices?
>
> The two obvious options seem to be:
>
> - Wedges, setup as a single large gpt partition of type zfs (eg /dev/dk7)
> - Entire disk (eg: /dev/wd0 or /dev/sd4)

Creating raidframe for thoset wedges or disks and "raidframe -A yes"
would be helpful to create stable device-name for zpool.

I prefer to use dummy raidframe even if the host has only single device
to make HDD/SSDs bootable when they attached to USB-SATA adapters.

--yuuji