XEN help needed

Hello all you XEN experts!

I've got a XEN3_DOMU virtual machine currently running NetBSD 8.1, and
hosted on a commercial provider (www.prgmr.com).  Since I'm running
8.1 I think that implies that I'm running in HVM mode?

Anyway, the provider will soon be upgrading their host to a PVHVM-only
environment.  That means that I need to upgrade, to -current.

So, a few questions.  (I'm a really dummy when it comes to XEN, so
please forgive me if the questions don't make sense!  Where's my copy
of O'Reilly's ``XEN For Dummies'' when I need it?  :)  )

1. Since I'm switching to PVHVM, will there be any differences in the
   "visible" devices?  Will I need to update my kernel config?  Or
   will a -current XEN3_DOMU kernel work "out of the box"?

2. Will I be able to update only my kernel, and continue running my
   8.1 userland?

3. Will I need to make any configuration changes to things in /etc ?

I'm really reluctant to update my userland at this time unless it is
absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |