Re: ffsv2 corruption on netbsd 8.0_STABLE amd64 from April

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 03:47:31PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> quick question, is it running in qemu? I stumbled on the fact that the ORDER
> of directives to qemu makes a difference! If i append `-snapshot' as last to
> qemu ie after the -drive, the drive image gets corrupted anyway(!) since
> apparently some writes are done wrong and the result looks quite similar to
> you problem. If I prepend the -snapshot before the -drive it doesn't get
> corrupted nor touched.
>
> As for without -snapshot, i haven't dug into that yet

This particular corruption was on real hardware, on a raidframe raid1
over a couple of SATA wd drives.

However, I also managed to see corruption in a qemu vm, on with image
on local disk, and without snapshot, and vm crashes:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2020/05/02/msg038496.html

I had a fairly long email debugging session with Jaromir, and he came
up with a bunch of patches around wd with broken retry behaviour.

I can't recall if all those patches are in current or not.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds