Re: hang while updating pkg_rolling-replace libvdpau

Hi!

I have not seen a reply to my mail, but let me follow up.

On 04/09/2020 11:59, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
It mentions a workaround, but what does it mean to:
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/random bs=32 count=1
sysctl -w kern.entropy.consolidate=1

I tried this "quick fix" and then was able to leave the laptop several hours upgrading, so indeed it it solves the issue. I suppose this fix needs to repeated at every boot?

The laptop eventually hang up, refusing login, keystrokes, ctrl-c or else (but interestingly, console swapping worked, so keyboard input was happening). Never seen something like this on this laptop, running NetBSD (current) since years.

As written though, I do not have an Ivy Bridge, but an earlier system.

Any hints on a fix given this information? It is evidently CPU dependant, but happens on more CPUs.

Riccardo