re: NetBSD 9 on ThinkPad X220

welcome back! :-)

> * X (modular) segfaults from the beginning (GENERIC_ALSR) for intel(4), but
>   works fine when "UXA" is set for "AccelMethod" in xorg.conf(5).

this one is fairly well known at this point.  we've been
reducing the platforms that default to SNA since -9 came
out... there's also using 2014 intel xf86 driver.

> * Hotkeys do not work via thinkpad(4). But I didn't try options like
>   THINKPAD_NORMAL_HOTKEYS, or anything alike.  And who uses those anyways?

possibly it's the "new" thinkpad?  there's a new method
our driver doesn't yet support.  i had a quick look almost
2 years ago for the thinkpad P51, but didn't get anywhere
with actual code.

.mrg.