Re: Proposal to remove driver for the Cabletron EA41x SCSI Ethernet adapter

Hi Jason,

Jason Thorpe wrote:

> We have a driver for this device in sys/dev/scsipi/if_se.c.  It was
> pretty popular with the pc532 crowd back in the day because SCSI was
> the only expansion bus the pc532 had.

Oi!  What's this "back in the day" business, young fella?

> There are changes coming to the network stack and it's unlikely that
> (a) anyone has such a device to test it, and (b) that the driver even
> works currently because it's been solong since probably anyone ran
> this code.

I do still have one.  Alas, it's on my pc532 which is still running
NetBSD 3.99.16.  I do wonder if the driver has changed since then even?

> I propose we remove this driver.
>
> Any objections?

No, not from me (sad face).

Cheers,