Re: File corruption?

Sorry for not being specific.  When I do the shutdown on a subsequent reboot all the filesystems are dirty forcing fsck to run.  Sometimes it finds some minor errors and repairs them.

I’m running xfce4, so when I do the “shutdown -r now” I see xfce4 and X exit bringing me back to the console display that was active when I booted the system.  As it goes thru the normal shutdown process it reaches a point where I get the assertion error (something like “uvm_page locked against owner”) followed by a stack trace and then quickly followed by the system rebooting.  There is no crash file generated.

I haven’t changed any crash parameters from the stock setup.  I seem to recall there used to be one for kernel crashes, but can’t find it now.  I guess next step is to boot up with the “-d” flag and see if I can get something useful.  Is that correct?

-bob