Re: PATCH: use UXA on default for pre-skylake intel GPUs

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

> I will be trying the patch soon-ish.

I have tried the patched module on a machine with:

>   82G41

and it seems to work.  It selects UXA acceleration by default.  As such,
the TearFree option is not needed.  Perhaps if the detected device causes
UXA accleration to be selected, perhaps the TearFree option could default
to "Off" for those as well?  Then, no "xorg.conf" will be needed.

As it is, it's fine for a live-USB stick to have X Just Work(tm) when
booting some random machine.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD