Re: Tar extract behaviour changed

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:17:17PM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 05:26:41 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
>
> > Deal with this properly in sysinst would mean:
> >
> > 1) run a script like:
> >  rm -f /tmp/list
> >  for s in *.${suffix}
> >  do
> >    for dir in $( tar tvf "$s" | egrep '^d' | awk '{ print $9}' )
> >    do
> >      readlink "$dir" && echo "$dir" >> /tmp/list
> >    done
> >  done
>
> Isn't that info already available from mtree files?  IIRC, set.base
> has all of the directories, including those that are populated by
> other sets.  So you should be able to extract that and run mtree to
> check it.

I'm not really sure that would be a lot better. My prefered solution is to
just add -P to the extract args unconditionally (as this restores as close
to what we had as previous behaviour). If there would be an explicit
symlinks option I'd use that (unconditionally), but for our sets it does
not buy us much.

Martin