Re: How to best build a smalle libcurses for tiny crunched installers?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 23:27:51 +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 21:38:16 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
>
> > I wonder if we could build a hack version of libcurses with
> > DISABLE_WCHAR, or is it better to just include the relevant files
> > from libcurses in libhack instead?
>
> I did some work to excise the enhanced curses stuff from the
> !HAVE_WCHAR build last November but got distracted.
>
> I have just fixed the DISABLE_WCHAR build (I did all the preparatory
> work on attributes.c and then never got around to add the ifdefs,
> sorry).

I have also added HAVE_WCHAR ifdefs to slk.c, which I forgot about.
From a quick visual inspection the DISABLE_WCHAR curses no longer
refers to anything untoward.

HAVE_WCHAR curses additionally refers to:

+                 U __setlocale50
+                 U btowc
+                 U fgetwc
+                 U fputwc
+                 U iswprint
+                 U mbrtowc
+                 U nl_langinfo
+                 U strcasecmp
+                 U wcslen
+                 U wcsrtombs
+                 U wcwidth
+                 U wmemchr
+                 U wmemcpy

so i guess not pulling in that stuff from libc should help to reduce
the size of the program binary.

-uwe