Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/postinstall

On 13/06/2019 09:00, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 06:17:29AM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
[...]
I've been using etcupdate for ages so I only ever really used
postinstall to fix "obsolete" and "catpages".  etcupdate -a has some
kinks and may be we should concentrate on fixing those instead?

I *never* used etcupdate, so for me it's better to have a working postinstall
(I have a PR about it: install/52349, which may have been fixed by the
recent change)

I used etc-update once and accidently overwrote master.passwd
Never used it since, far too risky.

Roy