Re: Enabling xdm in sysinst breaks console login?

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, David Brownlee wrote:

> That looks to be it - now I recall I set console off and constty on to
> DTRT with or without wscons.

I've been wondering what the "constty" device was all about.  I've been
afraid to touch it since there's no documentation for it (nor "console"
either).  The closest I can get is "tty(4)" and "ttys(5)", but they don't
describe any particular attributes of "console" nor how it relates to
"constty".

I think there should be manual pages, or at least a section in "tty(4)"
that describes "console" and "constty" as special cases of the general
tty(4) device--at least so it'll show up in 'apropos console'.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD