Re: 8.1; sbin/postinstall 'fix' removes libc.so.12

On Thu, Jun 06, 2019 at 07:18:57PM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> Most likely, you had:
> libc.so.12.207, libc.so.12.208
> >From unpacking older sets, you gained a symlink to an older minor:
> libc.so.12 -> libc.so.12.207
> Postinstall apparently sees, "old minors! I can get rid of it!"
>
> It should probably check that it's not in use.

In all "valid" installations, the symlink should point to the newest
version, so removing the older ones is ok. However, it could check
explicitly for this situation.

The more interesting question though is: how did you get into that mess
in the first place?

Martin