Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

Same EFI issue here: EFI/GK208B [GeForce GT 710] gets stuck when attempting to configure the card.

Booting via CSM or EFI and nouveau disabled gets the machine up and nouveau works fine with acceleration in the CSM case.

Looking at the PCI configuration the main difference is that the CSM sets the BusMaster bits to enabled on the bridges while this is not the case for EFI.

Also more IO/MEM/ROM bits are set.

I think we still lack sufficient PCI setup when booting via EFI.

(lspci dumps are available on request).

Frank