Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

На 2019-05-30 в 12:56, Martin Husemann написа:
> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 12:25:42PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>>> Michael looked into it, and it seems to be code bugs (calculating the
>>> edit field sizes and border coordinates). It is not just resource changes.
>>>
>>> This should be easy to fix and also (as it seems to be local to xdm itself)
>> Well, I have the exact of similar problems on the same setup with xdm,
>> gdm, kdm and slim, so no, it doesn't appear to be local to xdm, but to
>> something common in all these login managers.
> So that sounds like a different problem - is there a PR about it?

I will have to revise the statement above - I haven't tried recently xdm
and slim and went to rebuild and test them. On my setup xdm works
without any problem now, there are no ill effects whatsoever.  The same
is with slim. The minor problems remain with gdm - short random
horizontal streaks, sometimes staying, sometimes disappearing; with kdm
I have some weird font rendering the first time I login into it, but
subsequent logins appear fine.

I will rebuild gdm and kdm just in case, but as far as I can see it, my
system now is quite usable.