Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 06:15:52PM -0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >>  - we have very obvious display bugs at first sight in xdm
> >
> >let's revert to the old xdm for now.  this one should be easy.
> >can someone work on it please?
>
> Are those display bugs though? Or is it just that the right default
> properties are not there? If it is just a properties issue, we can
> fix it differently.

Michael looked into it, and it seems to be code bugs (calculating the
edit field sizes and border coordinates). It is not just resource changes.

This should be easy to fix and also (as it seems to be local to xdm itself)
not be very important - but for me it is the first thing that a "typical"
(in my personal value of typical) user will see after properly setting
up a new NetBSD machine (or updating an existing installation).

It certainly is no reason to delay the branch itself.

Martin