Re: Branch for netbsd 9 upcoming, please help and test -current

Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> This was assigned to me, my code in sanitizers is in GCC9 and the GCC7
> implementation is mostly independent from my work (initial code of my
> work landed to GCC7, more of into GCC8 and almost all of it into GCC9).
>
> I was trying setup sparc and sparc64 in qemu (4.0.0nb4), but both of
> them hang during the install process when unpacking sets. Is it known?

PR 53277 is specifically about sparc; the problem does not affect sparc64.

I am aware of issues with lost ATA disk interrupts in qemu 3 that
affect sparc64 (as well as i386 and amd64), and these presumably still
exist in qemu 4.  I have not filed a bug report yet as I'm still
trying to figure out the specific combinations of qemu version, host
system, and guest system affected.  I'm not aware of any current qemu
issues affecting sparc, but I haven't tested sparc under qemu 4 yet -
qemu 4 has only been in pkgsrc for three days, and I only learned
about it yesterday.

> releng machines for sparc and sparc64 seem to be offline for long time
> now. At least, I'm not able to check the reports on the
> releng.netbsd.org site.

The releng machine for sparc is working.  The one for sparc64 is indeed
down; I reported this to admins as ticket #151808 on March 22.

> Please recheck sparc and sparc64 with:
>
> src/external/gpl3/gcc/dist/libsanitizer/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_linux.cc
> r.1.30

I will retest sparc under qemu 4, and the TNF testbed will retest it
under qemu 2.  Given the issues with current qemu and sparc64, that
probably needs to be tested by someone who has sparc64 hardware, but
since sparc64 was never affected by the bug, this would just be
testing that the change does not break something else.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost