Re: st(4) and mt eom

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 06:48:22 +0100
Frank Kardel <kardel%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> For Bacula it wouldn't help right now, thus the EOM code needs fixing.

When I referred you to FreeBSD "mt locate -e", my point was not that you should implement the additional FreeBSD features, even if that will also be good.

My point was that you should just search in the FreeBSD code which is the sequence of SCSI commands that is given for a "mt locate -e", because that sequence of SCSI commands is proven to move reliably the tape to the end of the recorded data (also maintaining correctly the position information).

Best regards !