Re: st(4) and mt eom

Hi Jon !

As I wrote, extending MTIO ioctls to support more mt commands is not a real issue (e. g. add access to the LOCATE command). We just need to decide which features are useful to support and find the time to implement them.

For Bacula it wouldn't help right now, thus the EOM code needs fixing.

There are also some other things that are useful to add to the SCSI subsystem like acquiring timeout information from the device to avoid early device resets while the drive is still fighting with its servo errors (just happened to me with a bad LTO7 drive). I have that update currently sitting in my tree.

Frank