Re: Panic on a -current from 13/12/2018

On 2018/12/17 1:09, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
I have no idea. As I said, it is running under VirtualBox on a Windows
10 host; I put the host in hibernation whilst the NetBSD guest is
running.

I tested today's -current on VirtualBox 5.2.22 on Windows 7 64bit
(on Core i7-2600). I tried hybernate(shutdown ->hybernate(H)) a few times
but I couldn't reproduce the problem yet.

         while (deltat > 0) {
                 xtick = lapic_gettick();
                 if (lapic_broken_periodic && xtick == 0 && otick == 0) {
                         lapic_initclocks();
                         xtick = lapic_gettick();
                         if (xtick == 0)
                                 panic("lapic timer stopped ticking");   <=========== here!
                 }

If that panic is from this, lapic_broken_periodic must be true, but it's set only
when the VM is KVM:
                /*
                 * Apply workaround for broken periodic timer under KVM
                 */
                if (vm_guest == VM_GUEST_KVM) {
                        lapic_broken_periodic = true;
                        lapic_timecounter.tc_quality = -100;
                        aprint_debug_dev(ci->ci_dev,
                            "applying KVM timer workaround\n");
                }

 Could you try to reproduce the problem and see the panic message?
ci4ic4-panic-01.png has backtrace and it wiped out the panic message.

 Regards.

Previously it survived this, using the Intel Desktop NIC
emulation within VirtualBox, even my ssh connections (from the host to
the guest) remained active. I switched the NIC emulation for the
NetBSD guest to virtio-net, now it behaves as before, surviving a
hibernation.

There was a VirtualBox upgrade a few weeks ago, perhaps the problem is there.