Re: MSI/MSI-X implementation and interrupt handling on i386/amd64

Le jeu. 6 déc. 2018 à 16:05, Cherry G.Mathew <cherry%zyx.in@localhost> a écrit :
> The right thing to do is to stop using a bit mask entirely, and using
> a bit more scalable Data structure for this. This isn't trivial though -
> the assembler stuff will be harder to maintain correctness than a
> straightup buslocked bitscan/compare etc.

What about just bumping this to 64 on amd64, where we have the 64-bit
atomic ops? While keeping i386 still on 32.

We seem to have already i386 and amd64 variants of the interrupt
assembler, so maybe not so bad that they would diverge further.

It would be nice to do something to bump the limit. If we have general
consensus is that this is worth doing, I can try to write something
and see how ugly/difficult it would become with 64bit bitmasks. I
don't feel like delving into rewriting this to use completely
different structure ...

Jaromir