Re: issues with touchpad after update

Just to add my 2c - the Synaptics behaviour on -current has been much much better since these recent changes; I am not too bothered by the multitouch gestures, although two finger scrolling would be nice. These may work, I haven't tried changing any hw.synaptics sysctls yet. The random jumps towards the bottom-left corner have all but disappeared, for example (these happen under Windows 10 also, using the Microsoft precision touchpad driver, not the original Synaptics one).

I am not aware if we have some support for accelleration. It is a bit annoying, it takes 3-4 full drags on the touchpad to cross the screen diagonally. Anyway, I stopped attaching a mouse to my laptop when I boot into NetBSD.

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 08:57 Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 07:52:52AM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> I think Martin said he was going to look at this - again, I only have a
> clickpad on my laptop so it is hard to test.

Yes.

> > I think it is just a software feature, maybe not even convenient - I am
> > not accustomed to it because e.g. ThinkPads do not have it.
> >

> It could be a software feature - if it is then we can do the same sort
> of thing I did for emulating 3 buttons on a clickpad (by default that
> only reports a left click which is why I started hacking on the driver
> in the first place...)

It is (or so I think). It just reserves the rightmost n "pixel"
(where n should be a sysctl) for the scroll area and translates any
slides there into scroll events.

The windows driver also offers a horizontal scroll area at the bottom,
but those is not marked on the hardware and probably not of much use.
The vertical scroll area is optically/harptically marked on my
notebook.

Martin