Re: usbdevices.config

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 03:15:21PM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> So for me, stripping a copy of GENERIC ended in more work for each update
> than using no phrases.

I would  cp GENERIC MYCOMPUTER and comment out the lines I didn't want
when bring the new box into service, and then

ident MYCOMPUTER GENERIC
cvs diff -ur.. -r.. GENERIC | tee /tmp/pat
vi /tmp/pat MYCOMPUTER

to keep it up to date.

Thing is now, for the equivalent, I'll have to
:r /sys/dev/usb/usbdevices.config
in MYCOMPUTER, and keep an eye out for changes in it...

Cheers,

Patrick