How to boot in UEFI mode: practically no documentation

Where do I find documentation on how to boot NetBSD amd64 or possibly i386 in UEFI mode?

I couldn't find any man page and couldn't find anything useful in the online NetBSD wiki.

I don't want to be limited to NetBSD, would also want to be able to boot FreeBSD and Linux in UEFI mode.

I noticed /usr/mdec/bootx64.efi and bootia32.efi (on an amd64 installation) but don't really know where these would lead to.

I also saw /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/stand/efiboot .

Tom