Re: Missing file after postisnstall?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018, Valery Ushakov wrote:

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 05:40:22 +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:

I recently updated from 8.99.7 to 8.99.12 and noticed that my daily security
job reported a missing file:

	Checking special files and directories.
	./etc/rc.d/dhcpd6 missing

Shouldn't this have been found and fixed by postinstall?

Why it should be "fixed" if it ain't broken?  :) Your system still
happily boots without DHCP6 server, isn't it?  If you want to update
your configuration files to the new etc.tgz you run etcupdate.

postinstall only does minimal configuration tweaks that are necessary
to keep the system working with the new userland, or at least that was
its original design goal as I remember it.

I also ran `etcupdate -al -s etc.gz -s xetc.gz` and it does not find the missing rc.d file, either.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |