Re: Remove fortune quotes attributed to or providing admiration of Adolf Hitler [pr bin/52735]

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:24:18 +0100
Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:

> I agree that bad history should be remembered in context and not
> forgotten. However, that is not what these quotes do. They give no
> context, and they make A.H. seem like a relatively normal person.

These "normalizing" quotes are actually a critical part of a much bigger
external context since Hitler is such a well known/reviled figure in history.

Since we know that we all have the potential for violence and dehumanization of an
out-group, e.g. as exhibited in the "Stanford Prison Experiment",
if anything, these quotes make him more terrifying, not less.

Harry Waddell