Re: Crash related to VLANs in Oct 18th -current

On 24/10/2017 11:58, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> writes:

The caveat is that we now need to ARP announce the address during
reboot to ensure dhcpcd gets the reply on an active interface.

I assume it'll only do send a gratuitous ARP announcement for an address
whose lease is still active?  :)

Yes.
If dhcpcd is rebooting an existing lease (which is still valid or admin asks to extend) AND the address exists on the interface AND is usable AND no other interface in the dhcpcd instance has the same address in an active lease then a gratuitous ARP is announced.

This should only happen when dhcpcd is restarted.
It shouldn't happen at any other time.

Let me know how it works for you.

Running with your latest patch now, and it's working fine for my simple
configuration, at least.

Great!
I'll look into releasing a new build towards the weekend and putting it into -current.

Roy