Re: Crash related to VLANs in Oct 18th -current

Kengo NAKAHARA <k-nakahara%iij.ad.jp@localhost> writes:

> Hmm..., sorry, I am not sure about this problem from that information.
> Could you get tcpdump? Of course, if it is not a problem, please do it.

tcpdump seems to show that this is dhcpcd listening on other interfaces
than the one I'm trying to keep it on.  Looking at wm0 is weird, though,
as even though that's the trunk, tcpdump can't see any 802.1q packets
there, but it does see everything as normal traffic.  I guess that has
to do with the hardware acceleration for 802.1q?

>> roy@n.o
>
> I think the issue seems to be related to DHCP. Could you think of any
> other way to solve it?

Has something changed that makes dhcpcd now insist on listening to all
interfaces (including the 802.1q trunk)?  Can I make it not do that?

Oh, and I notice that IPv6 generates a local address on wm0, as on
everything else.  That just looks weird on an 802.1q trunk.  Is there a
way to make it not do that?

# cat /etc/ifconfig.wm0

up
media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
ip4csum tcp4csum udp4csum

# ifconfig wm0

wm0: flags=0x8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        capabilities=2bf80<TSO4,IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx,TCP4CSUM_Rx>
        capabilities=2bf80<TCP4CSUM_Tx,UDP4CSUM_Rx,UDP4CSUM_Tx,TCP6CSUM_Tx>
        capabilities=2bf80<UDP6CSUM_Tx>
        enabled=3f00<IP4CSUM_Rx,IP4CSUM_Tx,TCP4CSUM_Rx,TCP4CSUM_Tx>
        enabled=3f00<UDP4CSUM_Rx,UDP4CSUM_Tx>
        ec_capabilities=7<VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU>
        ec_enabled=3<VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING>
        address: 00:13:72:f7:00:06
        media: Ethernet 100baseTX full-duplex
        status: active
        inet6 fe80::213:72ff:fef7:6%wm0/64 flags 0x0 scopeid 0x1

Which VLAN is that IPv6 address on, anyway?  :)

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay