Re: Crash related to VLANs in Oct 18th -current

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> writes:

> Anyway, I've updated my local copy with your patch to improve the UDP
> error logging, and it's running now.  It'll be interesting to see what
> it says -- but I guess, since my network interface does checksumming in
> hardware, the reason for the error message is just that dhcpcd sees the
> packet from dhcpd on the local host before it gets a checksum.

Yup, that seems to be what it is:

Oct 23 14:18:44 barsoom dhcpcd[2232]: vlan3: UDP checksum failure from 172.27.202.1
Oct 23 14:18:44 barsoom dhcpcd[2232]: wm0: UDP checksum failure from 172.27.202.1

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay