Re: Seg Faults building devel/gobject-inspection with latest 8.0_BETA

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost>
wrote:
=> On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 21:25:33 +0200, Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost>
=> wrote:
=>
=>> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 01:00:15PM -0400, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
=>> > On 06/20/17 12:44, Thomas Klausner wrote:
=>> > > I'm using python-3.6 by default (instead of python-2.7) and don't
=>> see
=>> > > the gio segfaults.
=>> >
=>> > 3.6.?
=>>
=>> 3.6.1 (lang/python36).
=>
=> As the originator of pkg/51266 I find this thread interesting.
=>
=> As I am sure everyone is aware, without influencing pkgsrc's python
=> choice, it will use python 2.7 (python27-2.7.13nb1 as of pkgsrc-2017Q1).
=>
=>
=> There was a workaround mentioned.  Is that the suggestion to delete
=> packages with files in "/usr/pkg/lib/gio/modules"?
=>
=> I have so-far been getting by with the "-introspection" option on those
=> packages which have it (plus those for which I posted patches to the PR).
=>
=> After seeing this thread, I tried again to build "gobject-introspection"
=> on an i386-8.0_BETA host and it succeeded.  I only built the package and
=> did not install/replace the incumbent (last built on 7.99.66).  Using the
=> incumbent, the two packages I install which cannot have introspection
=> circumvented built successfully.

   FWIW, I completed my rebuild by doing a pkg_delete -f on the packages
containing the modules which had not yet been updated and doing a make
replace on gobject-introspection. The deleted packages were rebuilt by
the packages which depended on them as part of the restarted
pkg_rolling-replace. That seemed to work fine.[1] I never touched
anything Python related, and I should still be using the default
Python.

                                  Gary Duzan

[1] I had some dependency issues elsewhere, with some xfce4 packages
needing an include of the gtk3 buildlink, but that's it.