Re: file corruption

On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 10:42:20AM -0400, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017, at 08:01, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > It seems something recentish broke FFS, and WAPBL is blameless...
>
> I won't be much use to you, but could you file a PR or keep current-
> users@ advised of any progress on this?  I'd rather not update my main
> machine until this is resolved ...

I built a 30 March 2017 10:00 UTC kernel on morden.netbsd.org (so the src
tree would be OK). Using that kernel on the affected machine, a cvs checkout
appears to be fine, and 4 simultaneous untarrings of pkgsrc.tar.xz
produced identical results.

Only one strange observation during all that: scp'ing a 24Mb kernel
from 2 Apr -current laptop to the machine running the what looks like
a good 30 March kernel resulted in a 9.1Mb kernel. 2nd scp worked.

So, there are still many possibilities, and it might just be my box...

(Running the /usr/tests after generating the bad cvs checkouts earlier,
the tests didn't fail in a different way to other setups.)

Cheers,

Patrick