Re: dk wedges vs netbsd -current

gcw%pobox.com@localhost (Geoff Wing) writes:

>With a fresh 7.1 I have wd[0-9] (and /etc/fstab entries for them) (on i386).

>Plonk in a -current kernel without DKWEDGE_METHOD_* and it hangs because
>it cannot find anything (no /dev/dk* or /dev/wd*).

netbsd-7 and -current both have DKWEDGE_METHOD_GPT enabled, which does
nothing with the non-gpt disk.

I think no DKWEDGE_METHOD_* would help you. If -current can't access wd*
it's probably an issue with the wd driver (or in the lower-level code
like ahcisata). There are several bug reports for similiar issues.

>Maybe I've missed a step over the last couple of years so that it should
>automatically find old wd(*) BSD partitions with a -current kernel.

It just does this. But if the -current wd driver fails to handle the wd disk
the kernel won't find any partitions either.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost