Re: dk wedges vs netbsd -current

Reply-To

On Saturday 2017-04-01 12:54 +0000, mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost output:
:No need to scan for disklabels if the kernel already uses the disklabel.
:But this has nothing to do with "adding bootloaders". I can only imagine
:that you want to add boot managers in UEFI style, which is something
:that your old i386 system doesn't support.

I believe I have misrepresented GPT and DK stuff earlier.  I've been fighting
with them because of lack of space with GPT/old-MBR and other "in-use/busy"
stuff.

With a fresh 7.1 I have wd[0-9] (and /etc/fstab entries for them) (on i386).

Plonk in a -current kernel without DKWEDGE_METHOD_* and it hangs because
it cannot find anything (no /dev/dk* or /dev/wd*).  I really would be
unhappy if I was completely headless (and it is a pain for me to plug in a
monitor there which I had with NPF woes (couldn't load large tables))

Maybe I've missed a step over the last couple of years so that it should
automatically find old wd(*) BSD partitions with a -current kernel.