Re: A few crashes with yesterday's amd64-current -- IPv6 related?

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Ryota Ozaki wrote:

I've been wondering about that: will it do the right thing if the system
crashes while I'm using X on the console?  I assume it has to switch to
a text-based virtual console, and then run the debugger on that?

Oh, I have no idea when using X because I don't use X daily. I guess you
need to switch to a console beforehand to see DDB on a kernel panic.

In my experience, the system automatically switches to the console before entering DDB. No manual steps required.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |