Re: if_wm panics on boot

    Date:        Fri, 3 Mar 2017 12:13:36 +0000
    From:        Tomohiro Kusumi <tkusumi%tuxera.com@localhost>

  | I'm at the below commit (don't know the CVS revision as I don't use CVS),

The cvs rev of the if_wm.c should still be available in the comment
on the first line of the file, but it looks as if you're at if_wm.c 1.492

There have been a couple more commits since then, but nothing which would
affect this issue I don't think.

1.492 caused this ...

	IFEF_START_MPSAFE flag should be set only if WM_MPSAFE defined.

but the code in wm_start() and wm_nq_start() still KASSERT()'s that the
flag is set (unconditionally).

Either WM_MPSAFE (which means NET_MPSAFE I think) is required to run the
if_wm.c driver these days, or the code needs some fixing to not expect it
unconditionally.

I'd assume that you do not have NET_WMSAFE set (and I am not sure if it
is considered reasonable these days to simply set it to work around this.)

kre