Re: dump(8) 4.3BSD syntax

Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> writes:

> dump still supports, but doesn't document, the 4.3BSD style syntax.
>
> Is there someone who still finds that useful and thinks it should stay
> supported, or is it perhaps time to lose that bit of compatibility?

I hope that dump, just like ps, will keep the backward compatibility
permanently.  I for one would have to concentrate really hard to manage
to use the new syntax...

Ditching it would probably break a lot of existing scripts, too.

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble